From Agent Factory
AF-AgentSpeak (AF-AS) is an implementation of the extended version of Anund Rao's AgentSpeak(L) language for Agent Factory, that is based on Jason. It was developed primarily to demonstrate how Agent Factory can be used to rapidly prototype different Agent Programming Languages using the Common Language Framework. In its current form, it is used both for cross-language research work and as a teaching tool.
In order to adapt the language for Agent Factory, some minor syntactic modifications have been made to the language. The most significant changes are the use of Actions, Sensors and Modules instead of an environment class. The underlying logic syntax employed is the default syntax provided by the Common Language Framework, which is known as AFL (Agent Factory Logic).
From a tool perspective, the language comes with a basic inspection tool that is designed to be integrated with the Agent Factory Debugger together with a basic code editor that are provided as part of the Agent Factory Eclipse Plugin.
IMPORTANT: To use AF-AgentSpeak, we recommend that you use Eclipse together with the Agent Factory Eclipse Plugin. However, this is not required. If you wish to use another editor, simply write the programs in that text editor (making sure files have the right extensions), and create the Main class as is outlined in Lesson 1 (part 2) below. Any syntax errors will be reported (in a less friendly way) when you run the Main class.
- Lesson 1: An overview of AF-AgentSpeak
- Lesson 2: Getting started with AF-AgentSpeak
- Lesson 3: An introduction to AF-AgentSpeak
- Lesson 4: Working with the Planning Language
- Lesson 5: Acting and Sensing
- Lesson 6: Working with APIs
- Lesson 7: Working with Lists
- Lesson 8: Inheritance, Reuse, and Abstract Plans
- Lesson 9: Implementing Protocols
- Lesson 10: Working with EIS Environments
- Lesson 11: Migrating and Cloning Agents
- Lesson 12: Working with SOSAA
- Lesson 13: Working with CARTAGO
- CLF Libraries: This page provides a list of Libraries / APIs that can be used with AF-AgentSpeak.